Dienstag, 19. September 2017

Geese Gathering {Blogger's Quilt Festival} /// WERBUNG ///

Hi there
It's fall and a new Blogger's Quilt Festival is going on hosted by Amy Ellis from Amys Creative Side


Here is my entry... My "Geese Gathering" Quilt...
I got the idea for this quilt during a flying geese mini quilt swap I participated in. Flying geese are one of my most favourite patterns...
 I created this block in my CAD program, then I mirrored the block and build the whole quilt layout. I tried different colorways and choose one with an ombré effect...
 I have cut my fabric color card to choose the perfect color run...
 Then onto the backing… A stripe of all the colores I used in the front! Just turquoise would have been too boring!...
 This quilt was over two weeks in the longarm frame and I worked on it for approximately 45 hours. I quilted a mix between ruler work and freemotion quilting...
Geometry is my thing. I love it since I learned it in 7th grade. The quilting on this quilt is very geometric. I tried to make a second layer just with the quilting. I hope you can see it. White is really
hard to photograph.
 
 
 
 Quilt Stats:
Quilt Size: 86" x 86"
Quilt Pattern: by me "Geese Gathering"
Fabric: Cotton Supreme solids from RJR Fabrics

 Pieced: by me
Quilted: by me



I know I show this quilt a few weeks ago but this is the rule, a new post this week... I'm sorry for anyone who has already seen this quilt...

Thanks for stopping by and have a nice week
iva

52 Kommentare:

  1. Beautiful quilt. The quilting is absolutely stunning. Well worth all the time it took.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Beautiful! The quilting is simply amazing!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Lovely work. Amazing to see all those geese. It is a beautiful quilt.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Wow! This quilt is just gorgeous not mention the quilting which is beyond
    exquisite. Congratulations on a fine piece of art completed!

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. WOW!! This is so gorgeous! I love the ombre colors you chose, the design, the secondary quilting, the back...all just so fabulous!! Really great!!

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. This is absolutely gorgeous! The quilting is beautiful and it complements rather than overwhelms the piecing!

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. immer noch atemberaubend schön !

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Vielen lieben Dank, Heidi ♥ Dein Zickzack-Quilt ist auch toll geworden ♥

      Löschen
  8. I could look at this quilt again and again! It's truly quite stunning!

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. I love everything about this quilt and I can not see it too many times. This quilt is a piece of art.

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. Absolutely beautiful, though my favorite photo is the one with the sunlight coming through.

    AntwortenLöschen
  11. Beautiful colors and the quilting prefect

    AntwortenLöschen
  12. That is a crazy impressive quilt. WOW! I love it.

    AntwortenLöschen
  13. Sieht wirklich großartig aus. Das Quilting ist unglaublich schön.

    AntwortenLöschen
  14. Love the way the geese get smaller at the ends. Gorgeous!

    AntwortenLöschen
  15. I loved following this quilt on Instagram. Truly a work of art.

    AntwortenLöschen
  16. This is definitely my favorite quilt of the entire festival. BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

    AntwortenLöschen
  17. Hi Iva,
    You did a beautiful job on the quilt. It is lovely! ~smile~ Roseanne

    AntwortenLöschen
  18. This quilt is one of my favorites. The colors are perfect on the front and the quilting makes the back as beautiful as the front.

    AntwortenLöschen
  19. Absolutely stunning!! I hope that translates well as I am very impressed by this quilt. The color, the size, the scale, the quilting (oh, the quilting is wonderful), the pattern, everything is so perfect.

    AntwortenLöschen
  20. Great use of color gradation and OH! that quilting!!!

    AntwortenLöschen
  21. Unbelievably beautiful!!! Love the design, the colors and oh my gosh, the quilting😱😍

    AntwortenLöschen
  22. Amazing! What a fantastic quilt, and a work of art!

    AntwortenLöschen
  23. Beautiful quilt! Stunning! The quilting is absolutely amazing! Thanks for sharing this with us!

    AntwortenLöschen
  24. My previous comment should have read that I’m looking at this beautiful quilt again!

    AntwortenLöschen
  25. Is your pattern for sale? I can’t access it at the link. It just takes me to PayHip to open an account

    AntwortenLöschen

Wenn Du als Nutzer Kommentare auf meinem Blog (https://schnigschnag-quiltsandmore.blogspot.com/) hinterlässt, werden neben diesen Angaben auch der Zeitpunkt ihrer Erstellung und der zuvor durch den Websitebesucher gewählte Nutzername sowie die E-Mail-Adresse gespeichert.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...